Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Miss Cadwallender's Farewell

While most students will be able to see my farewell letter on Google Classroom, I wished to post it here as well. It's been an amazing four years!




Dear Archway Students,

This year is my last at Archway Chandler. In Fall 2020, I will be returning to college to pursue a graduate degree. I am writing to say goodbye.

It’s been wonderful teaching you – whether you met me 4 years ago in 1st grade or only this year. As much as I’ve taught you in class, you have taught me – how to teach, and how to have fun. It has been a pleasure watching all of you create such amazing concerts through your hard work and effort. I have loved your drawings, performances, and compositions in class. Most recently, I have been extremely impressed by your creativity and ingenuity with our digital packet lessons.

I hope all of you continue to enjoy music throughout your lives – not as some vague privilege for kids who are “good at music” or “going to be a musician as their job,” but for you and your own unique life and interest in music. Every single one of you have proven yourself to be a Musician, in multiple ways.

Sincerely,
Miss Cadwallender